ramblings of my mind

Sunday, February 27, 2005

i'm back from tahoe! we beat the snow storm home, and had perfect weather on saturday. partly cloudy, 40 degrees, and it snowed the night before, so great snow!

uploaded my pics, so let's play a game of guess who:


whose ear is this?



who almost fell into the back of the car trying to grab something?



who got to ride a sled down the mountain?




here are the answers:
1. JT - a bunch of us took friday off so we headed up to tahoe early. we ate lunch at taco bell because some people had a huge craving for nacho cheese.

2. joy - i forgot what she was trying to grab, but she literally almost fell into the back. i caught her as she came back to the seat.

3. me - uh yeah. i think i'm done with adventurous sports for a while. at least this time i got to ride in a sled. i was at the very top of the mountain at heavenly, so it was quite a long ride. the ski patrol skied me down for part of it, then a ski mobile came and took me down another part, then the ski patrol took over again and skied me down the rest. i now have matching busted knees. yes, i hurt my right knee this time. don't know what it is... i'll have to go to the doctor tomorrow. i don't know what happened, all i remember is i made a sharp turn and face planted spread eagle. luckily a stranger was right next to me (even though a bunch of canaan people were behind me, this guy was literally right next to me) because i think i was really screaming in pain - so he popped off my skis for me. my left knee is fine, but my right knee is pretty messed up. can't put any pressure on it at all and can't bend it past 90 degrees. i really really really hope it's just a sprain because i do not want to go through a surgery again. but maybe this is God's way of forcing me to slow down :)

well i got to know the ski patrol & medics real well since i sat in the first aid lodge for a good 3.5 hours, and got to see all sorts of injuries come in (head injury, busted shoulder, ankle, knee, hip, cut on forehead with a bloody face to name a few).

anyway, that's the story. i hope i have no more of these stories to tell because my body can't take much more :) click here to see all the pictures from the ski trip, including a chronicle of the ski patrol wrapping me up in the sled to take me down the mountain. all the slopes shots are by andrea since she had my camera for the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home