ramblings of my mind

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Blessed be Your Name

people who hang around me a lot know that i always have a song stuck in my head. in fact, i tend to sing whatever the particular song-of-the-day-is so incessantly that the people who are around me end up getting it stuck in their heads as well :)

today was no different as i couldn't stop singing "blessed be Your name" all day. in fact, while i was driving to jeremy & mandy's farewell tonight, i randomly hit a different CD in my car CD changer, and lo and behold, the song came on as i was arriving at church. well, during the farewell, both mandy & jeremy gave their testimonies, talking about their impending departure to HK and the struggles they have gone through in the process. mandy talked about Job 1:21 - "The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; may the name of the Lord be praised." - the same verse that Matt Redman based the song off of.

As i was driving home, the song came on in my car again. And as i sang the song for the umpteenth time of the day, God showed me that this was what 2005 was about for me. It was about Him giving and taking away in my life. and though it was a tough year for me, in the end, all i can do is praise the Lord. i was originally going to go into more details, but i think i will leave it at this.

blessed be the name of the Lord.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home