ramblings of my mind

Sunday, January 08, 2006

goodbye 2005, hello 2006

guess what was the first song we sang in service today?

blessed be Your name.

thank you God for the reminder & affirmation. what perfect timing He has in everything!

besides that, guess what Hanlin lent to me today?

24, season 4! woohoo! Now the great debate. Do i start it now, in attempt to finish it by the season 5 premier in one week? it's quarter end at work, so i'd have very limited time to watch it. plus, i don't want to get sucked into staying up late and watching it into the wee hours of the night - i definitely need my brain to be fully functioning at work these next couple of weeks. or... the second option: do i just record season 5 until i catch up and wait to see if i need another knee surgery, and just watch season 4 then? if i do that, then i can watch it practically all at once like i did with seasons 1-3. i mean this time i won't be a freak and work the day after my surgery (like i did after my second one. that didn't work out so great. my doctor told me i could do it, but obviously i couldn't.) so i'd have a couple of days to watch it all. hmmm. can't decide.

also, lost finally starts up after a very long 6-week hiatus! i'm ready to welcome back the lost brigade to our house! hope to see everyone on wednesday. :) unfortunately, alias doesn't start up again until march (i still wonder how they're going to tie up the entire show in a couple of months?? at least it's getting good again!).

many thanks to olivia, who left her guitar at our place (since mine has been on loan for the past year). i had some very needed personal worship time - something of which i hope to do more this year. it's been so long. i think it's time to get my guitar back :) it misses me. the other thing i need to do more of is be more consistent in prayer. to really make it my lifeline.

on top of that, my deaconship term at canaan has finally come to an end. what an adventurous two years it has been, and little did I know when i first started it what God would be leading me & our church through. it's definitely had it's bumps along the way, but at the same time, it's been encouraging to see the cell groups grow, and to see how other ministries are starting to use the cell group structure to be more purposeful in all that we do. but, as i've told many people, i need a break. i've been praying about where to serve and where God wants me to be (continue leading a cell group? stay on worship team? serve in other ministries where people have been asking me to help out?), but for now, i think i will take a break for the rest of january as i pass off my duties, settle back down, and pray.

there's a lot more going on in my head, but i'll leave that between me & God. but I'm ready to welcome 2006... and i hope you're all around to join me in the ride!

1 Comments:

  • I woke up Sunday with "Blessed Be Your Name" in my head. I mused to myself that it'd be neat if we get to sing that song for service. So was it just coincidence that it was the first song in the singspiration set? Perhaps it was arranged by him all along. :)

    By Blogger Asterix, at 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home