ramblings of my mind

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

soooo... being the extremely coordinated person that i am, i had quite the spill last night. i had to work late (as i will probably have to do for many nights for the rest of january - so i decided to hold off on watching 24, as hard as it is) but wanted to get a quick workout in before logging in from home to do some more work. so i ran inside my house, changed really quickly, and then ran back out. i didn't bother to turn the lights on in my garage, and so of course, as i take a step down, i step on a shoe, roll over it and tumble from my house down the step onto my garage floor/car. in the process, because i now instinctively throw out my left leg to support myself instead of my right, i managed to twist my left knee as well as slam the back of my right thigh against the corner of the concrete step.

the back of my right thigh still really hurts today. i can't even sit. actually when i was in bed last night, i tried to sleep on my side so that i wouldn't put any pressure on it and it still hurt. but no bruise yet. thankfully, i think my knee is okay, it just hurt a lot for the next half hour or so. but i can definitely feel that bruise developing. ouch. what else is new in karen's life :)

oh, and i saw a commercial last night for end of the spear, a movie about the story of the tribe who murdered jim elliot & the other 4 missionaries who were trying to witness to them. anyone interested in checking it out? i think it said it opens jan 20, although probably not in many theaters. (as a sidenote - olivia and i were talking last night about how elisabeth elliot's books are a little too... affectionate? is that the right word? for us. just kind of over the top. kind of like how i tried to do a study by kay arthur once and read "my beloved" one too many times that i couldn't take it anymore and never finished it.)

4 Comments:

  • ouuuuch..............

    By Blogger arex, at 12:28 PM  

  • sorry to hear you took the spill :(

    and guess it's the smart thing to hold off on "24" ... and there is always "lost" to watch. heh... tonight, ya? :D

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:50 AM  

  • Yeah, ouuuuuuch ............

    On the brighter side, yes, there is Lost again tonight. Finally.

    By Blogger Asterix, at 10:08 AM  

  • No movie can do justice to such a powerful story; but go watch end of the spear if you can!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home