ramblings of my mind

Monday, January 30, 2006

national credit investigation

so my dad called me today, telling me that someone from a national credit investigation called me at my parent's home and needed me to call him back. he left his name, mr. williams, and a 1-800 phone number. it sounded kind of fishy to me, but i wanted to call back, just to make sure, but prepared not to give any of my personal information out until i could confirm just who this was.

so i call back, and even though it was a 1-800 phone number, a live person picked up immediately. i told them i was looking for a mr. williams, to which the guy asked me for a reference number. i didn't have one, so i just gave him my name. he searched, and was like, "oh okay. i found you. your middle initial is c?" i was like "uhh. no." so he responded "hm. okay, i can't find anything else with that name. is your phone number xxxx?" that's one of my parent's phone numbers, so i said "yes." he said, "okay. then this is you. so the reason i'm calling you is because we towed your 1993 Chevy truck..."

HAHAHAHA. i immediately interrupted him. "um, i don't own a chevy truck. never have, and never will."

end of conversation. i hung up. i didn't even get to the point to check whether this inquiry was legit or not. awesome. could you see me driving a chevy pickup truck?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home