ramblings of my mind

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

kiddo??

forgot to mention - when i was at the doctor's office at stanford yesterday, an eldery man was trying to get through the exit door, except that he was on crutches and was having a difficult time opening the door. i was in the middle of checking in and saw him, so i ran over to help open the door for him. his response? "thanks, kiddo." what's up with me and "kiddo?" do i look like a kiddo or something? at least this guy was older... and not um, only 2 years older than me like a certain someone else, so i guess he can call me that. i guess. although "kiddo" is definitely not one of my favorite nicknames. :)

also, finished reading rich mullin's biography, An Arrow Pointing to Heaven, for like the third or fourth time. wow. that's my reaction everytime i read it. andy talked about the book in his post a little, but for me, what really gets me everytime is his frankness about his life. his humility. his view on life and on God. all of it just blows me away. anyway, i think it's time the book blesses someone else. actually, one of the doctors yesterday saw the book and asked me about it. i tried to lend/give it away to him, but he wouldn't take it... so anyone interested in reading it? i'll pass it along or give it away if you'll give it to someone else when you're done.

next up: if alinna ever remembers to give it to me (like how i can never remember to pull down one of my four calendars in my cube to give to her), The Ragamuffin Gospel.

new lost tonight! woohoo. come join the lost/alias (once alias starts up again) party at our house! maybe we should start a 24 party too once i catch up with season 5.

1 Comments:

  • I own both books! Haha. Andy has my Mullins and has already called dibs on Ragamuffin.

    I'm totally blanking on who it is that calls you kiddo.

    By Blogger Bob, at 10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home